Monday, June 17, 2013

Chilli

A classic!  Make a big batch and freeze it, then serve it with your choice of rice, noodles, baked potatoes, tortilla wraps, tacos, cheese.....whatever you fancy.  Also, feel free to adjust the spices depending on how hot you like it.

Half a pound of steak mince
1 onion
Half a pepper
1 clove of garlic
A knob of fresh ginger
Half a chilli
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1 tablespoon of ground coriander
2 tablespoons of chilli powder
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of kidney beans (although in the picture below it is cannellini beans because that was all I had in the cupboard!)
2 teaspoons of tomato puree
Salt and pepper


Brown the mince.

Chop all the vegetables and add them to the mince, cook until softened.

Add the spices and mix into the mince and the vegetables.

Add the tomatoes, puree and drained beans.

Bring to the boil then simmer for half an hour.

Add seasoning to taste.

If freezing, leave to cool completely then either put in one big plastic box or in batches.

4 comments:

  1. I love chili as an easy weeknight dinner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a classic, I agree. Would love to hear how you get on if you decide to try this recipe. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. It's really nice to have someone from Blogger visiting. I felt very honoured. This recipe looks delicious and my kids really love steak mince. I have bookmarked this. Have a wonderful week and hope to see you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liz - I am glad you like the recipe, I would love to hear how you get on with it and I hope the kids enjoy it too! Best Wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete