Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Fruit Loaf

I made this last week after my boss said that he was not keen on chocolate cake so my Mars Bar cake had not appealed to him when I took it into the office.  I tried to hide how mortally offended I was and asked what kind of cake he would prefer.  He said something with fruit so I accepted the challenge and took this in the next day.  Needless to say he ended up taking some home with him he enjoyed it so much!

250 grams of self raising flour
75 grams of butter
175 grams of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 tablespoons demerara sugar
1 grated medium sized pear
2 beaten eggs
Grated zest of one orange
1 teaspoon of baking powder
225 grams of summer fruits (I use frozen ones)

Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degrees.

Butter and line a loaf tin.

Rub the flour, butter and caster sugar together to make fine crumbs.  Keep 5 tablespoons of this mixture aside for later.

Mix the pear with the eggs and zest.

Stir the baking powder into the flour mixture and then lightly stir in the pear mixture.

Gently fold in three quarters of the berries.

Spoon into the tin then scatter with the remaining berries and topping.

Cook for 1 hour, 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.


Leave in the tin to cool then slice.





No comments:

Post a Comment