Monday, September 16, 2013

Tuna Bake

Ok - I am not going to lie, using tinned soup as a sauce is pretty weird and goes against all my beliefs about eating home cooked food as much as possible.  So some day I will work on making a sauce with cream, mushrooms etc myself - this, however, is not that day.  This is the way this was eaten right through my childhood and is the way I present it to you now.  Please try it before you judge!!!

1 onion
1 pepper


1 clove of garlic
1 handful of chestnut mushrooms
Half a tin of sweetcorn
1 tin of tuna
1 tin of cream of mushroom soup
Seasoning
Grated cheese (doesn't matter what kind, just use your favourite)
Crisps (also doesn’t matter what kind, most recently I used Doritos but any will do)
Jacket potatoes to serve

Pre-heat the oven to 200 Degrees.

Chop all the vegetables and fry in a little oil untill softened.

Drain the tuna and add this to the pan, followed by the soup.

Heat gently and season to taste.

Put the tuna mix into a casserole dish and cover with grated cheese and crushed crisps.
Put in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crisps are browned.

Serve with jacket potatoes, butter and some extra cheese if you wish.


2 comments: